Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act Rule
Resources to help industry understand, implement, and comply with the Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act (HOEPA) rules.
RulesBrowse HOEPA final and interpretive rules to see specific amendments made by each final rule to Regulations Z and X.
Regulations and official interpretationsBrowse Regulation Z (12 CFR 1026) on: Interactive Bureau Regulations |
Browse Regulation X (12 CFR 1024) on: Interactive Bureau Regulations |
Main HOEPA rule provisions and official interpretations can be found in:
- § 1024.20, List of homeownership counseling organizations
- § 1026.32, Requirements for high-cost mortgages
- § 1026.34, Prohibited acts or practices in connection with high-cost mortgages
- § 1026.36, Prohibited acts or practices and certain requirements for credit secured by a dwelling
- Supplement I to Part 1026 (including official interpretations for the above provisions)